The Kit Wilson Trust takes your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy sets out how we use the information that you provide us with and details how we keep your personal information safe.
What information do we collect and why
We collect information from the public in a number of different ways. The most frequent way is via your telephone call to our centre. When you register to adopt an animal or to give us information regarding an animal we store your information on file. This information usually includes:
- Your title
- First name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
We will use this information to keep a record of our communications with you. We will also ask you if you would like to receive our newsletters which will give you an insight into the valuable work that we do.
How we protect your information and data sharing
Our commitment is to protect your data at all times. We do not share your details with other charities. We will not share or pass your details to any third party for them to use for marketing purposes. We will do this by
- Keeping your information up to date and accurate. This does mean that we will need you to advise us of any changes to your personal details.
- Our computer system is password protected and user specific.
- All documentation is kept locked away.
- Only the necessary people have access to your information at any time.
- We endeavour to protect your security at all times. When taking card payments we will not record any payment details or information.
- We will only allow your information to be accessed by our staff member to whom it is relevant.
- To help us communicate with you we use trusted direct mailing providers. We require this service provider to comply with the strict GDPR rules to protect the information you have given us.
Any breach that could result in an individual suffering from some form of damage such as identity theft will be reported by us within 72 hours of us becoming aware of the breach. Any data breach will be dealt with in accordance with the rules of the GDPR.
- We will only process your personal information for any marketing purposes with your consent. For example the distribution of our newsletters.
- You can withdraw your consent for us to use your information for marketing purposes at any time. You can do this by either post or emailing the centre.
- Our Facebook, twitter and website pages may sometimes contain links to and from other websites. Please be aware that if you follow these links they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such.
- You have the right to have your information erased unless there is a legitimate interest or legal obligation for us to keep your details. In the interest of animal welfare client records including adoption agreements are the property of The Kit Wilson Trust.
- You have the right to ask us to change any information that may be incorrect. This information will also need to be changed with any third parties that we share information with.
- You have the right to access any information that we hold at any time, we will respond to your request within one month after we receive the request (unfounded or excessive request can be charged for or refused)
The Law and our use of your personal information
The Kit Wilson Trust will only process your personal data in accordance with these four legal grounds.
- Legitimate Interest You have demonstrated an interest in our work by contacting us or have rehomed an animal from us.
- Consent You have provided consent for us to hold your personal data on file. We will always ask for your consent before we contact you.
- Legal Obligation We are obliged to process your personal data to comply with the law.
- Contract You have entered into a contract with The Kit Wilson Trust by adopting an animal from us or have requested that we send you an item.
We will only use your information for the purpose it was collected for.
When a child is under the age of 16 we will need permission from their parent or guardian to use their personal data. Should your child win one of our competitions in our Newsletters we will only print their name once you have confirmed that you are happy for us to do so.
We will not send our Newsletter to anyone under the age of 16.
To obtain a copy of your personal information we hold please either write to us or email us at the following addresses:
The Kit Wilson Trust
Or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will amend this policy form time to time to ensure it accurately reflects how we use your personal data. Any changes that are made to this policy in the future can be found on our website or displayed at the main reception waiting area.
If you have any queries about our data protection please contact us on 01825 830444.
A Company Limited by Guarantee
Registered in England and Wales,
Company No. 07690478
Registered Charity No. 1143338
Animal Rescue Centre
For all enquiries and particularly for all animal enquiries - 9am - 5pm daily. Telephone:- 01825 830444
Wildlife Emergency : 01825 830735
This is for non animal contact only please